UPDATE MAY 20, 2020. Everyone has done their part to help stop the spread! We are pleased to announce we have reopened as of May 19th under modified protocols (see summary below). All of our valued guests can rest assured that during this time we are hard at work complying with all the new standards and regulations set out for us by WorkSafe BC and the Fraser Health Authority. The safety of our employees and their families, our guests and the general public is paramount. We must continue to do our part to stop the spread. Stay at home if you feel sick and carefully follow the advice of health authorities.
Passengers are expected to bring their own non-medical nose and mouth coverings (e.g. cloth masks) for use throughout their journey, including in all airport areas and aboard aircraft. Passengers must wear their non-medical face masks when interacting with employees or other passengers whenever physical (social) distancing of 2 metres cannot be maintained, as a public health measure. Exceptions include children under 2 years of age, persons with trouble breathing, and persons unable to remove a mask without assistance.
Please note, heli-kayaking and fishing season will begin as planned on May 24th. The border closure for non-essential travel will continue until at least June 21st. If this affects your trip, we encourage you to reschedule instead of cancelling. Like all businesses, we are struggling to survive and we sincerely appreciate your continued business. Want to help us out more? Consider purchasing a gift card for your friends, family, or coworkers!
Our cancellation policy has been revised due to COVID-19, Coronavirus. We urge you to be patient and check for travel advisories closer to your trip date. You now have up until 7 days prior to departure date to cancel your trip. We are not responsible for your travel expenses and suggest purchasing trip interruption insurance. If you must cancel now, please note that refunds will not be processed until 1-2 weeks prior to your trip date.
For more information, visit https://www.hellobc.com/what-you-need-to-know/
COVID-19 Safety Protocols
- Guests and employees are asked to refrain from entering our office if they feel sick or have been exposed to anyone who is sick or required to self isolate.
- Maintain 2 metre/6ft separation at all times; where this is not possible, wear a non-medical face mask. Please understand that these have limitations.
- Wash hands frequently; and before and after using the restroom.
- Surgical masks, hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes are available if you do not have your own.
- Refrain from touching your face.
- Guests must fill out a medical questionnaire.
- Anyone who has had symptoms of COVID-19 in the last 10 days must self-isolate at home; symptoms include fever, chills, new or worsening cough, shortness of breath, sore throat and new muscle aches or headache.
- Anyone who has arrived from outside of Canada, or who is a contact of a confirmed COVID-19 case, is to self-isolate for 14 days and monitor for symptoms
- Common areas in the office such as door handles, couches, pens, and waiver clipboards will be disinfected after each visitor.
- Helicopter door handles, slider windows, hand holds, cargo latches, seat belts, headsets, mics, and seats will be disinfected after each flight.
- Operational gear such as kayaks, paddles, fishing rods, PFD’s, picnic tables, and chairs will be disinfected after each use.
- Report health and safety concerns to your supervisor or Compass Heli Tours representative immediately.